REHAU Group Suspends Operations in RussiaMarch 8th, 2022 by Editor
As a company that operates in Ukraine, as well as in Russia and Belarus, REHAU Group has announced that it has “suspended … operations in Russia and Belarus until further notice.”
In a company press release issued on Monday, March 7, the company indicated the desire to emphasize the corporate positions that:
- “We strongly condemn the attack on Ukraine and its people.
- “It is a war against humanity, the freedom of all of us and peace in Europe.
- “And thus against the values for which we as a REHAU Group stand with all our subgroups.”
“We have seen the development of the crisis and the suffering of the people in Ukraine with shock and great concern,” the press release said. “Russia in particular, where we have been present for many years, is an important market for us. We hope that the situation will soon change in such a way that we can resume our activities in both countries.”
REHAU further states that its “priority now is the safety of our colleagues and their families in Ukraine and those that are leaving the country. We began preparing possible contingency plans some time ago.”
The company states that “concrete help is underway,” through different channels:
- “Via the emergency aid fund ‘Family for Families,’ which has been endowed by the company with a significant sum to provide immediate assistance, but also to support reconstruction later on;
- “Via the crisis taskforce, which coordinates support for the REHAU team in Ukraine, but also for the people fleeing. ‘We are in constant contact with the local management for this,’ the press release states;
- “And via an account the company has set up for donations from 20,000 REHAU employees worldwide.”
“We hope for a peaceful outcome and our thoughts remain with everyone affected by the conflict,” the company says.