NLBMDA Announces New Leadership TeamOctober 19th, 2010 by Editor
The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA) announced its new leadership team installed on October 14 at the ProDealer Industry Summit in Orlando, Fla. At the association’s annual meeting, the NLBMDA Board of Directors elected Joe Collings, CEO of Ferguson Lumber in Rockville, Ind., as the association’s new chair, replacing outgoing chair Dan Fesler of Lamperts in St. Paul, Minn.
“I am honored to serve the NLBMDA as its chairman continuing the long tradition of leadership within the industry,” said Collings. “The current economic climate certainly provides a great number of challenges for each of our independent dealers throughout the country. The NLBMDA and its federated state associations continue to provide the support for each of our dealers to survive through these difficult times in the history of our industry. Through our joint efforts we will continue to focus on our strengths in the coming year. By providing a strong united voice we will continue to work as an advocate for the industry in Washington.”
Additional members of the 2010-2011 NLBMDA Executive Committee are:
• chair-elect: Cally Coleman Fromme, Zarsky Lumber Co., Victoria, Texas;
• first vice chair: Chuck Bankston, Bankston Lumber Co., Barnesville, Ga.;
• second vice chair: Chris Yenrick, Smith-Phillips Building Supply, Winston-Salem, N.C.;
• treasurer: Linda Nussbaum, Kleet Lumber Co., Huntington, N.Y.;
• manufacturers and services council chair: Carlos Guilherme, Weyerhaeuser Co., Federal Way, Wash.;
• federated association executives chair: Chris Quinn, Kentucky Building Materials Association, Louisville, Ky.;
• immediate past chair: Dan Fesler, Lamperts, St. Paul, Minn.; and
• president: Michael O’Brien, NLBMDA, Washington, D.C.